Cloud Systems Engineer - Remote
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler globally, with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
About the opportunity:
The Cloud Systems Engineer will be a hands-on technical role in conjunction with guiding a team responsible for the day to day operations of private Openstack based Cloud infrastructure, including assisting the migration of production systems into a new architecture, taking advantage of the latest DevOps methodologies and tools. You will be working in a dynamic environment and proposing creative and practical solutions to operational challenges.
- Install, configure, maintain and manage all hardware and software system components of Openstack
- Install, configure, maintain and manage auxiliary Cloud support systems and other micro-cloud
- Collaborate with members of the Cloud team to build and create internal tools and APIs for
- Research, innovate and implement new technologies that improve our velocity.
- Will be part of the on-call rotation schedule for Cloud Operations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong experience with working in Debian based Linux environments
- Strong experience in Openstack based cloud computing and Ceph storage systems
- Experience with Saltstack or Ansible python-based automation frameworks. Able to extend these frameworks with new modules
- Strong experience with Python development and shell scripting
- Good knowledge of computing and storage hardware systems
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code principles and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend new technologies
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to establish relationships.
- Work effectively within a team environment.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a senior DevOps engineer or Linux administrator
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided with a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.