Senior Customer Advisor - Remote
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
Sr. Advisors within our Ting Internet business, are our Technical subject matter expert, with a passion for strengthening the knowledge and performance of our team. In this role, you will need to wear a variety of hats from completing quality audits (QA) to facilitating training, crafting documentation, working on special projects, and being a point of escalation for Advisors and ambitious cases. As you can see you will never be bored!
We strive to provide outstanding customer service, increased value and easy to use tools – no exceptions! Our goal is for every customer to leave their interaction feeling satisfied, happy and well informed. As a Senior Advisor, you will be instrumental in driving that culture.
What you will be doing:
- Complete QA for the Advisors and providing mentorship to them and their leaders on both technical and soft skills
- Facilitate new hire and other ad hoc training sessions for the team
- Support customers via email, phone and chat and take ownership of advanced cases
- Growing the knowledge base for internal and customer facing support
- Assist in root cause analysis for top call drivers and other critical situations
What you'll bring:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in a technical support environment
- Post secondary education or IT Certifications are a plus: A+, CCNA, CCNP, Network+, MCSE, etc
- Your love of networking and the internet, along with the strong desire to help people.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Consistent track record of meeting and exceeding goals/critical metrics.
- Solid understanding of what makes people tick and standard methodologies to communicate effectively with a variety of customers, advisors, peers and leaders to build an outstanding customer experience.
- Detail-oriented and quality-focused.
- Timely follow-through, consistency and a “getting things done” attitude.
- Strong written communication, with the knowledge of how to effectively document knowledge for customers and advisors.
- Be available for an 8.5-hour shift (which vary per month) Support is 24x7 role, however the Sr role typically works during 8 am - 11 pm
- Have high speed unlimited internet and home office setting
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.