Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second largest domain wholesaler in the world with 25 million domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
Ting is bringing crazy fast fiber Internet to homes and businesses in Fullerton, California!
About the opportunity:
As we work on our expansion to Fullerton, California, we are getting ready to start construction. With this new opportunity, we realized it’s time to grow our sales team!
The Account Representative is a hunter, consultative field sales position within our Ting Business Services team. The ideal person will be responsible for selling data, cloud, wireless and video services to new and existing customers. As well as developing long-term relationships with new and existing customers in the Mid-market space.
We'll support you with technical assistance and coaching. But bringing a strong knowledge of the Fullerton, California business community, possessing strong networks and memberships and having a natural ability to get conversations started with technical and owner level business points of contacts will help you to be successful in this role.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop or leverage existing relationships with accounts within your assigned territory to sell Ting Internet Services to larger businesses and Ting Bulk Internet services into apartment and hotel accounts aka Multi-Dwelling Units (MDU)
- Develops and maintains sales plans for own territory and for each account with the ability to blueprint a business's hierarchy to determine requirements and propose appropriate solutions
- Responsible for achieving a monthly revenue quota in data, wireless, video, and additional advanced product sales
- Develop customer-centric solutions and deliver sales proposals on product benefits
- Meets with prospective customers in person or by conference call to collect information required to assess their communication needs in detail, estimate the amount and type of potential business the account represents, and qualify the prospect.
- Clearly, understand and communicate the company's value proposition at multiple levels within these organizations
- Work with internal teams to ensure timely handoff of sold accounts for ongoing support and retention
- Maintain all sales databases necessary to report sales activity and customer information.
- Work in conjunction with other Business Services support groups
- Attend all sales meeting and training sessions as required by leadership
A bit about you/Qualifications:
- Two (2) plus years of B2B sales experience, preferably selling Internet and Video solutions
- A strong network of B2B contacts within the Fullerton, CA. marketplace
- Previous experience in a hunter role to acquire new business opportunities
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, as well as work efficiently and effectively within required deadlines
- The ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge, along with the ability to work in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and diverse points of view that drive us forward every day.