SaaS Systems Administrator, IS Solutions Delivery - Remote
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
About the Opportunity:
The Cloud Systems Administrator is responsible for the deployment, maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of our internal Cloud/SaaS tools. They are also responsible for creating initiatives to improve the overall stability of our Cloud systems and provide troubleshooting. Over time, the need for troubleshooting will decline as they implement proactive measures and automation throughout our platforms.
They will participate as a partner in projects that require the inclusion of additional features, functionality, updates, and changes to our Cloud platforms, and will participate in research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the software and tools needs of Tucows. They are seen as a technical specialist for all Solutions Delivery projects.
They are fundamental in optimizing our current toolset - meeting with vendors and partners regularly to discuss issues, beta test and launch new features and products - and take ongoing certification courses to advance their skillset and stay ahead of the latest trends in tools and automation. They must also have a knack for data analysis and report and dashboard building. The Cloud Systems Administrator also actively resolves issues with our tools and proactively makes improvements to our tool suite to limit work disruptions within the company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage: oversee SaaS system deployments with Cloud administration tools and management frameworks. Proactively work on tasks and tickets while coordinating the work effort with partners and project managers. Responsible for maintaining, configuring, and the ongoing reliability of Cloud/SaaS platforms.
- Problem Solve: investigate and perfect Cloud system performance. Use your experience to find the root cause of defects and work to proactively address them. Identify, implement, and support application monitoring solutions for Cloud deployment.
- Support: Tackle issues by running diagnostics, detailing problems and resolutions, prioritizing issues, and assessing the impact of issues.
- Automate: identify areas where we can automate routine Cloud deployments, administration, and monitoring tasks.
- Project Work: communicate and work effectively with internal and external partners during deployment projects. Accurately scope project requirements and delivery timelines with the Solutions Delivery team and regularly meet deadlines
- Collaboration: work multi-functionally with Engineering, Support, Data Analytics, and all Tucows groups to design, develop, test, and implement Cloud deployments organizationally.
- Process Improvement: work with our Business Process Analysts on continuous updates to deployment documentation as processes improve and change. Demonstrate industry methodologies for defining and tuning appropriate on-demand Cloud deployment architectures. Provide documentation and technical specifications to partners and project sponsors for planning and implementing new or upgraded services to our Cloud tool suite.
- Lead: lead Cloud Systems support efforts for Zendesk, Talkdesk, RingCentral, and other Cloud systems, making sure that all issues and problems are resolved in a timely manner and with limited disruptions.
- Install and upgrade tool components, coordinate Cloud system improvements with partners, and integrate automation processes.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in Cloud system administration and deployments
- College Certificate or Diploma, or Associate / Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or equivalent experience required
- Extensive experience with Cloud platforms (SaaS), scripting, and automation tools is required
- Demonstrable ability to deliver sophisticated, multi-platform Cloud solutions with a consistent track record of designing and implementing Cloud system strategy and plans that operate at scale
- Solid grasp of CRM tools, ticketing systems, ACD systems, user management, and large SaaS system deployments
- Bonus Points: Proficiency in related software tools, including but not limited to Zendesk, Talkdesk, RingCentral, Wrike, tray.io, and workflow automation software
- Analytical and strong organization skills
- Solid attention to detail is a must
- An excellent teammate who is able to oversee the requests of multi-disciplinary teams and multiple projects and tickets simultaneously
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.