Ting, a division of Tucows, offers cell phone service all across the US and fiber Internet in select towns and cities. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the team. Speaking of the team, it’s a bunch of smart, ambitious and motivated developers. Given that you share these qualities, you’ll fit right in.
We work in real-time on live systems… so it requires a steady hand and a cool head. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong (we’re optimists… but we’re also realists) and that needs to be accounted for.
You love the Internet. Not just using the Internet but the Internet itself; net neutrality, the open Internet, and all that important stuff.
We're looking for a manager to help launch services and features using modern technologies to deliver reliability, scalability, testability, and security. As well as grow a strong team into an even stronger one. Someone who can participate in architectural design discussions and not be afraid to push the envelope.
The experience you will bring:
- Direct experience as an Engineering Lead or Manager and deep roots as a developer
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Python, C++ and/or Perl
- Proven understanding of relational database concepts
- A strong driver of Agile methodologies
- Excellent overall interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Positive and constructive attitude
What we value most:
- For you to set the example as an engineering mentor and guide the team to success
- Strengthen the team, and very active participation in mentoring, hiring and career plans
- Take an active part in planning, code reviews, design, architecture, etc.
Tucows (NASDAQ<em:TCX, TSX:TC) is one of the largest domain wholesaler in the world with Millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting) and building fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with Shopify, Squarespace and many others (Hover). Today, Tucows employs over 600 people and services millions of customers around the world.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and the diverse points of view drives us forward every day.