Technical Support Advisor, Web Hosting - Tucows
Become a part of the herd!
Since 1994, Tucows has been helping people unlock the power of the internet. At Tucows we thrive on delighting our customers with exceptional customer service through the passion and knowledge of our Technical Support Teams across our Ting, Hover, and OpenSRS brands.
This is an opportunity for you to be a part of our next great adventure!
Our ExactHosting Team provides web hosting services for our customers and we're looking to add some great people to the mix. We are in need of some world class Technical Support Advisors.
Do you love helping others? Are you passionate about the internet? Are you a team player that has the right skills to make customers feel like they are truly taken care of? Are you looking for an opportunity to work and build a strong career in one of the most innovative and fun companies on the internet? If you answered yes, we want to talk to you!
As a Technical Support Advisor, you'll be working with our customers to provide them with the customer service and technical support they need to bring their ideas to life.
- Help our customers with a variety of configuration opportunities - file uploads, email setup/troubleshooting, password inquiries and DNS setup
- Provide analysis of customer product and system configurations to diagnose customer-reported issues and recommend corrective actions
- Take ownership of customer requests and do what it takes to bring a little sunshine to their day!
- Develop documentation to help your customers and colleagues with future configuration opportunities
- Escalate complex issues internally to resolve customer concerns and maximize uptime
- College Diploma in IS and/or equivalent technical support or web hosting work experience
- Experienced with CPanel/WHM, FTP, SSH technologies, SQL Database
- A guru with Linux-based operating systems and servers
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional attitude and goal oriented work ethic
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and Internet connectivity