System Administrator Domains
Tucows has been on the Internet since people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second largest domain wholesaler in the world with Millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting) and building fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with Shopify, Squarespace and many others (Hover).
We’re a team of over 600 serving tens of millions of customers around the world.
Our growth has been incredible (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). It has also been smart and measured. Our success is built on a solid technology foundation thanks to a culture of DevOps excellence.
That’s where you come in. As a Systems Engineer you’ll seed innovation and creativity in a dynamic, fast-paced successful and yet stable company.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for day to day operations including migrating production systems into a new architecture, taking advantage of the latest DevOps methodologies and tools. You will be working in a dynamic environment and proposing creative and effective solutions to operational challenges.
Key skills and experience
- 4+ years of experience with configuration management
- Preferably SaltStack; Chef or Puppet is acceptable.
- Able to create new pillars and state files.
- Handle issues that arise with running a configuration management platform.
Extensive experience with Linux
- We are using Debian, but at this level, it is expected that you can easily pick up other flavors.
- Package management (building, maintaining, etc.)
2+ years of Python
- Ability to write code to automate routine Operations’ tasks
- Ability to integrate into various APIs to create a cohesive platform.
Nice to have skills and experience
- Leadership skills
- Standard internet services like DNS/HTTP
- Managing containerized systems
- Experience with continuous deployment best practices
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and diverse points of view that drive us forward every day.