IS Solutions Delivery Administrator - Remote
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
About the Opportunity
The Solution Delivery Administrator is responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of our internal SaaS tools. They participate as a partner in projects that require the inclusion of additional features or functionality, updates and changes to our platforms, and participate in research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the software and tools needs of Tucows.
They are also responsible for optimizing our current toolset - meeting with vendors and partners regularly to discuss issues, beta test and launch new features - and take ongoing certification courses to advance their skillset and stay ahead of the latest trends in tools and automation. They must also have a knack for data analysis, report number generation, and report and dashboard building. The Solutions Delivery Administrator also actively resolves problems and issues with our tools and makes improvements to our individual brand instances to limit work disruptions within the company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Responsible for maintaining, configuring, and the ongoing reliability of Tucows SaaS (Software As A Service) tools.
- Install and upgrade tool components, coordinate SaaS tool cloud services, and integrate automation processes.
- Tackle issues by running diagnostics, detailing problems and resolutions, prioritizing issues, and assessing the impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to partners and project sponsors for planning and implementing new or upgraded services.
- Responsible for delivering and implementing technology solutions to the organization, monitoring the IS technology space.
- Cultivate partnerships with internal customers, partners, project sponsors, and vendors.
- Lead Helpdesk support efforts for Zendesk, Talkdesk, RingCentral, and other Customer Experience and Tucows systems, making sure that all issues and problems are resolved in a timely manner and with limited disruptions.
- College Certificate or Diploma, or Associate / Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications are a plus but are not required
- Demonstrable ability to deliver sophisticated, multi-platform solutions
- Solid grasp of CRM tools, ticketing systems, ACD systems, user management, and large SaaS system deployments
- Proficiency in related software tools, including but not limited to Zendesk, Talkdesk, RingCentral, Wrike.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A consistent record of designing and implementing tool strategy and plans
- Solid understanding of implementing and effectively developing Helpdesk and IT operations standard methodologies
- Analytical and strong organization skills
- A great teammate who is able to manage the requests of multi-disciplinary teams and multiple projects and tickets simultaneously
- Strong Leadership and interpersonal abilities
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and diverse points of view that drive us forward every day.