Site Reliability Engineer - Remote
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
The Tucows HashiCorp Subsystem team is a new group passionate about providing knowledge and solutions based on the HashiCorp ecosystem of tools. This team will enable other groups to utilize Consul, Nomad, Terraform and Vault with centrally managed server clusters, spanning multiple datacenters.
About the role:
In this role, you can expect to:
- Implement (not limited to) HashiCorp enterprise solutions using private and public cloud infrastructure
- Own and ensure that internal SLA’s go above and beyond expectations
- Build tools for automating deployment, monitoring and operations of the overall stack
- Collaborate closely with other internal automation teams
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide application support, incident management, and solve problems
- Collaborate in a remote-first environment
- Contribute back to upstream OSS when appropriate
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts
- Configuration management (SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.) experience
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux computing environment
- Solid understanding of Docker containers, service discovery and load balancing
- You have built or operated a service in multiple datacenters
- Comfortable with Go, Python or another low-level programming language
- Kubernetes experience is a plus but not required
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.