Senior QA Automation Developer
Main Purpose of position:
If you love the Internet and you’ve got a thing for making stuﬀ then oh boy, do we have a job for you.
Ting oﬀers cell phone service all across the US and ﬁber Internet in select towns and cities. We’re looking for an Automation Developer familiar with Ruby to join the team. Speaking of the team, it’s a bunch of smart, energetic and motivated developers. Given that you share these qualities, you’ll ﬁt right in.
This would be a great opportunity for you if:
- You love the Internet. Not just using the Internet but the Internet itself; net neutrality, the open Internet, and all that important stuﬀ.
- You love to code and systems and coding systems.
- You are excited to work with a team of energetic, skilled developers, working in collaboration to deliver solutions to help improve and grow the business.
- You thrive when working on challenging problems. You want to learn as much as possible, as quickly as possible.
- You are really good at breaking things and can sense a weakness in a system a mile away. You can put yourself in the customer’s mindset and ﬁnd ways to improve the experience of using online systems.
In addition to the above, you have experience with developing Linux or Unix-based software and are good at using languages like Ruby to execute complex testing scenarios including multi-step processes and performance or load tests. You are also great at learning new and complex tools and integrating their functions into complex automated testing processes because you are passionate about making sure your software really works.
% of time
Design and development of highly scalable, highly reliable, highly available qas applications.
Building and maintaining automated test suites.
Production support activities including troubleshooting and resolving problems
Additional responsibilities as required
The experience you will bring:
- Experience with client/server side application development on Unix/Linux platform or LAMP stack, ideally with Ruby
- Experience in testing automation
- Experience writing tests with Ruby/RSpec
- Experience with Cucumber
- Experience with Object-oriented programming and design
- Knowledge of version control systems
- Experience with Bash scripting is an asset, but not required
- Knowledge of popular design/development patterns is a bonus
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Very good overall communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive and constructive attitude
- Demonstrated team player
- Responsible and accountable
- Occasionally, if code deployment goes wrong, staying overtime may be required
- On-call rotation may be required
Tucows (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC) is a provider of network access, domain names and other Internet services. Since 1994, the business has pivoted and grown from shareware to wholesale domain name registration to retail domain name registration to mobile phone service to symmetrical Gigabit Internet service via ﬁber-to-the-premises. Today, Tucows employs over 500 people and services millions of customers around the world.