Engineering Team Lead
The Systems Engineer Team Lead will be a hands-on technical role in conjunction will be guiding a team responsible for day to day operations including migrating production systems into a new architecture, taking advantage of the latest DevOps methodologies and tools. You will be working in a dynamic environment and proposing creative and practical solutions to operational challenges.
Skills and experience you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of experience with configuration management
- Preferably SaltStack; Chef or Puppet is acceptable.
- Able to build new pillars and state files.
- Handle issues that arise with running a configuration management platform.
- 2+ years of Python
- Ability to write code to automate routine Operations’ tasks
- Ability to integrate into various APIs to create a cohesive platform.
- Experience with continuous deployment best practices
- Extensive experience with Linux
- Experience with Linux distributions, and willing to learn other flavours of Linux.
- Experience in package management (building, maintaining, etc.)
- Knowledge of performance tuning with Linux
- Standard internet services like DNS/HTTP
- Handling containerized systems
- An Understanding of Email platforms
- RBL, DKIM, DMARC
- SMTP, IMAP, POP3
Nice to have skills and knowledge
- Message Queues such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Handling Distributed DBs like Cassandra
- Handling Custom Applications in Python and various web Frameworks
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and the diverse points of view drives us forward every day.