Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second largest domain wholesaler in the world with 25 million domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a NOC Engineer to join our Monitoring & Mitigation Team. Our Monitoring Team is the first to react to new incidents; you will identify, repair, communicate, and raise ongoing issues and see them through to resolution.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support a highly available, highly secure production environment running on Linux and Windows using open source and proprietary applications
- Set standards and define detailed processes for effectively handling a production environment with minimal downtime
- Perform daily monitoring and maintenance of all hardware/software infrastructure components
- Provide application and product support and troubleshooting of the Tucows platform
- Participate in a rotating 12h shift
- Documentation of Standard Operating Procedures to effectively routine incidents
Experience you’ll bring:
- Be proactive and predictive, tackle problems before they happen
- Embrace DevOps practices & methodologies
- Carefully plan application deployments, migrations, and upgrades to minimize service impacts
- 3+ years of Linux/Unix experience
- 3+ years of experience supporting highly available and fault-tolerant systems
- 2+ years of experience configuring servers on enterprise-grade networks
- 2+ years of Virtualization experience
- 2+ years of Cloud technologies experience
- 2+ Networking experience (Ex. TCP/IP, UDP, Routing, Firewalls, load-balancers)
- A strong problem solver by applying problem analysis methodologies
- Communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
- Strong Documentation skills to create standard operating procedures for other NOC team members to follow
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and the diverse points of view drive us forward every day.