Ting is bringing crazy fast fiber Internet to homes and businesses in towns and small cities across the US. We’ve been building fiber networks for close to four years and are growing quickly. We have teams on the ground in each of our six current markets including local marketing people who are driving awareness and demand.
But first, who the heck is Ting? We are a division of Tucows, a US $700 million public company that has been around since the earliest days of the Internet. Ting began as cell phone service in the US about seven years ago. We price our service fairly and treat our customers gratefully, shocking approaches from a phone company. From the success in mobile, we decided to invest in building fiber optic networks and bring that same customer service ethic to Internet and TV.
With superior infrastructure and all that fairness and kindness, Ting Internet is acquiring new customers every day. In fact, that’s the problem. We need to start paying closer attention to what is working and not working in our marketing efforts. We need someone to bring more structure and consistency to our tracking, reporting and analysis. We have brand builders, relationship builders, storytellers and artists. We need a geek! We need a Marketing Analyst to work across the marketing programs in all towns, including online and offline advertising, events, sponsorships, social media, door-to-door tactics and more. We need someone to help identify, optimize and scale winning tactics and inform future decisions as we expand to new Ting towns.
Our current reporting remains fairly basic. There is opportunity to improve the capture, reporting and analysis of data. We use a number of different systems and one of the challenges will be learning the systems to best establish the right source of data. You would work closely with the GIS person in Toronto and our data team.
Because we’re in a growing environment, this is a broad role which allows for potential learning and development in digital marketing. Role includes two areas of focus:
- Marketing analyst, tracking, analysis, creating dashboards, forecasting
- Digital marketing results tracking and reporting
Fun, fast environment. Most of the marketing team is remote, based in one of our Ting towns.
Occasional travel within the United States and Canada is required. Passport required.
- Work with local teams to improve attribution and tracking of marketing tactics
- Study current data sources to develop accurate reporting
- Develop and present dashboard that highlights results and trends
- Gather data about competitor offerings by market
- Forecast demand related to marketing initiatives and deliverables
- Provide insight and analysis for business questions among Internet team
Experience and qualifications:
- 7-10 experience as marketing analyst
- Proficiency with spread-sheeting and visual presentation of data
- Expertise with Google Analytics, including funnel conversion tracking, and A/B testing
- Strong experience with business intelligence tools such as Pentaho and Looker
- Experience with ArcGIS would be an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Related Business Degree
- Database training